A Brief History of A G Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman started out with business Partner Ross Gray in 1952 at the age of 22 years, after operating a dragline excavator for the Southland Catchment Board in the Mokotua area. He had saved £2,000 and ordered a 10-RB RUSTON BUCYRUS, Dragline excavator. GRAY & HOFFMAN got started on farm development work. Their first job was for the late Rolly Perkins at Hokonui and later in Scotts Gap.
After a couple of years the partnership was dissolved on friendly terms. Ross Gray Bought a 10-RB and Gordon Hoffman remained in Scotts Gap for the next 4½ years and then Brydon Mataura district for the next 3½ years.
By the time he was married and closer to town, he progressed into civil drainage contracts while maintaining the farm drainage side and on 18th June 1962, A.G HOFFMAN LTD was officially started.
Since then the company has developed into specialised projects in all types of industry from Civil Drainage, industrial projects, Subdivisions, Rural development, and farm drainage.